Protecting The Rights Of Employees At The Workplace
State and federal laws protect employees from abuses of power by employers. However, employees often feel daunted in the face of mistreatment and do not know where to turn. After all, how can an individual stand up to a powerful organization? This is where the services of an experienced employment law attorney come into play.
The employment law attorneys at The Sargoy Law Firm, in Los Angeles, have extensive legal experience. We protect the rights of California employees facing harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, retaliation, unpaid wages, and other unfair and unlawful treatment by employers. If your rights have been abused, we are here to stand up for you.
Have You Been Mistreated At Work?
Our law office is prepared to address a broad range of employment law issues for employees, including those involving:
- Discrimination: Employers may not discriminate against employees based on age, race, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and other protected characteristics.
- Sexual harassment: If you have faced lewd jokes, inappropriate comments, touching, and other forms of harassment at work, we can help you redress your legal rights.
- Wrongful termination: Your employer may not fire you for unlawful reasons such as protected status or retaliation for blowing the whistle on unlawful workplace activities.
- Wage and hour disputes: We will protect your rights in any wage and hour dispute, including claims involving unpaid overtime, meal breaks, and vacation.
- Medical leave disputes: If your right to time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) has been violated, we will provide you with the strong advocacy you need.
It can be difficult to know whether your situation constitutes a violation of employment laws. Our lawyers are well-versed in California and federal employment statutes and can help you determine if you have a valid claim. If you do have a valid claim, we can be the strong advocate you need throughout the legal process.
Contact An Experienced Employment Lawyer
If you have been treated unlawfully by your employer, our law firm is here for you. Contact our law office today online or by telephone at 310-208-1003.